The Convention Program Committee is seeking applications for a District 1 Representative.
The purpose of the Convention Program Committee (CPC) is to oversee development, planning and implementation of the educational program for the NATA Clinical Symposia and AT expo. The District 1 representative will begin shadowing upon appointment; the official term will begin at the June 2024 convention and will end June 2025, with the option to renew annually until June 2028.
- Develop content and select speakers and moderators for educational sessions.
- Review and select member submitted program proposals.
- Ensure educational program content falls within the domains of athletic training.
- Schedule educational sessions
- Maintain communication with speakers throughout the educational program development process
- Provide on-site oversight of educational program sessions during annual meeting.
- Attend annual NATA Clinical Symposia and AT Expo throughout the four (4) year term
- Participate on quarterly committee conference calls
- Attend an in-person committee meeting in the Fall
- NATA District 1 member in good standing
- BOC certified
- National Provider Identification (NPI) Number
- Preference will be given to individuals who have prior experience with educational program development.
Expectations of all committee members:
- Communicate with the chair, including promptly informing the chair of any scheduling conflicts or contact information changes.
- Communicate with the member's district director about the committee’s progress.
- Contribute to discussions at scheduled meetings, having read the agenda and all background support materials relevant to the meeting. Display courteous conduct at all meetings.
- Openly debate issues with respect and rapport, without making personal attacks.
- Promote what is best for the entire committee and for the profession, not a personal agenda.
- Complete all assignments within time frames established by the committee chair.
- Serve as project or workgroup leader if assigned by the chair.
- Participate in the annual Volunteer Experience survey.
- Represent the NATA and the committee in a positive and supportive manner at all times.
- Support in a positive manner all actions taken by the committee, even when the member disagrees with such actions.
- Uphold the NATA Code of Ethics and Policies and Procedures as they pertain to the committee.
Conflict of Interest
Committee members avoid conflicts of interest between the position as an NATA volunteer and the member's personal and professional life. When necessary, members declare a conflict of interest and abstain from both the discussion and voting of any matter in which the member has a personal or business interest. (A conflict of interest is defined as any social, professional or economic relationship with individuals or the matter at hand that could affect one's judgment and result in an outcome that might not reflect the best interests of the NATA and/or the committee.)
Work and materials developed, created or written—as a committee, work group, or board member, or in any other volunteer capacity for NATA—shall be deemed work-for-hire under copyright, intellectual property, and other laws. NATA is granted sole and exclusive ownership of all such work. Committee members waive all claims and/or so-called “moral rights” to the work, and assign these rights to NATA.
NATA and its committees, councils and commissions are committed to represent, engage and foster the continued growth and development of the athletic training profession and athletic trainers as unique health care providers. To advance the mission and promote unparalleled delivery of athletic training services amid ever-growing global and diverse populations, NATA and its committees, councils and commissions embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and access as a leadership imperative for our association. All NATA members are welcomed and encouraged to serve on the association’s committees, councils, commissions, etc., as diverse backgrounds, experiences and knowledge help advance the profession and work of NATA