Thank you for your interest in serving on the Student Leadership Committee! We are excited you wish to represent your district at the national level. It is encouraged that you discuss this position with your Athletic Training Program Director, as it will require a time commitment outside of your regular coursework. The mission of the NATA SLC is to represent and advocate for students, create and promote professional development opportunities, and encourage student engagement in the athletic training community.
This position will begin at the NATA convention in 2022 and will last one year, with the possibility of renewal for one additional year for members who are still non-certified students. New members will begin shadowing the current members in January 2022. Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled in a CAATE-accredited professional baccalaureate or master’s degree program (If enrolled in a baccalaureate program, student must have a junior or senior standing by August 1st in the year of appointment)
- Only non-certified students are eligible to serve
- Must be a student during the entire period of their term
- Must be an NATA member and have an NPI number
- Positions are available in all districts except District 4.
- Attending the NATA Annual Meeting throughout the duration of their term
- June 28 - July 1, 2022: Philadelphia, PA
- June 21 - 24, 2023 - Indianapolis, IN
- (Please note, the NATA will cover a percentage of expenses incurred as a result of travel to and from committee meetings held during the annual meeting.)
- Attending the SLC meeting at the NATA Annual Meeting
- Attending the annual NATA Joint Committee Meeting in January
- Attending monthly 1-hour conference calls
- Joining a subcommittee and attending additional monthly 1-hour conference calls
- Completing SLC work assignments
- Remaining up to date on events affecting the SLC
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact your current SLC district representative at email@example.com
or reach out on Twitter
and the Professional Interest Group
on the NATA website. Approved applicants will be notified by early January.